Friday, November 10, 2006

How hard can it be?

I am here still at 1258 now on Saturday morning and it still comes into my head.......... How hard can it be to get a job! I have travelled the length of England going to interviews but have not got anywhere as yet.

Do you think that because I am an honest guy and I tell them stright off that I have Multiple Sclerosis they then dismiss me so that I don't get the job? I know of two that I have been to, second interviews and all that, I know I have been the strongest out of the two of us, but yet I do not get offered the job! "Mike you are a really nice guy and have done really well in your career so far", "infact anyone who does employ you will have a real assett in their company", " Hey its impressive how fast your career has come since leaving the Navy"

BUT I AM SORRY YOU ARE NOT BEING OFFERED THIS JOB, SORRY!

Now call me old fashioned if you wish but I suspect there is something happening here, what do you think? I always explain that the only limitations my MS has on me are that I can not walk a a long distance or do heavy manual work but look at me.... I am a NORMAL person.

What the hell you know I sometimes think it might be best to lie but I just live in the hope that a company will take me on for who I am and what I will do for them and not be so frightened about someone who is honest, diciplined and loyal, 14 years in the Royal Navy tought me those virtues in life.

Mike

No comments: