Saturday, October 21, 2006

Born: 3rd December 1969

I was born in Leeds (West Yorkshire) and am the only son of Janet Brodie. I grew up in Bramley where i was educated at Raynville Primary, Sandford Secondary and Benjamin Gott High. School days, as your grandmother always tells you, were in-fact the best days!

I left school at the tender age of 16 and joined the Royal Navy. Whilst serving i saw action in the Iran/Iraq conflict, 1st Gulf War and the 2nd Gulf War. I spent 7 months in the Falklands, a year in Hong Kong and visited destinations like, Flensburg, Gibraltar (of-course), Morocco, Rhodes, Corfu, Port Said, Rio, Crete, Singapore, Dubai, Abu Dahabi, Mombasa, Seychells, Ascension Island, Saudi Arabia and many more i can't even remember. Some bloody good times though let me tell you!

I met many good friends whilst serving and i would just like to mention afew who i can remember. Darbs (James Allen) many, many good times on the piss, Darjeeling Cricket Club in Dubai was excellent. I have tried to track Jim down but just no luck. Steve Bunbury (original hawkeye) who spotted the first missile on his radar during the first Gulf War. Shaffi, i can't remember his first name but he came from Hull. Platts (Mark Plater) again many, many good times and stories of what we got upto. Ohh, there are loads but i just can't remember the names.

I left in 1999 due to being diagnosed in 1997 with Multiple Sclerosis. Something that i put wholly down to the drugs, tablets and conditions we were in during the 1st Gulf War. I am still fighting the MOD for Gulf War Illness as indeed are many of my collegues and members of the Veterans Agency over in Hull. Pleas read my diary which i wrote from day to day whilst in the 1st Gulf War. It is just as it was and exactly translated from the diary that i still have.

Why not read my Gulf War diary at www.thebrodiefamily.co.uk

And why not see how you can become a winner on the Uk & Euro lotteries

Visit: www.thebrodiefamily.co.uk

No comments: